* New JIRA desktop app install for mac.
* App boots up fine
* Clicking on the Log in button prompts a dialog: '“Jira” wants to use “atlassian.com” to sign in.'
* clicking yes results in a loading wheel inside the app which never disappears (https://take.ms/TFxHd)
* clicking no closes the log in process an bounces you back to the non-logged in home screen (https://take.ms/pZka4)
* attempting to create a new account has the exact same problems: dialog followed by infinite loading spinner
Hi @Britton Jenner,
Unfortunately this is a known issue that we're working to fix. If you open Safari prior to opening the app, the login flow should be successful. (To maximise customer security, we utilise OpenID Connect for login, which requires the system browser.)
Please let me know if you still can't log in.
This was not enough for me to get it to work. In the end I wound up having to manually whitelist pop-ups from Atlassian, kill all the JIRA and Safari related processes I could find, and then reopen first safari and then the JIRA app.
After these steps the log in dialog pop up appears as normal and I can now use the app.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event