• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • Are there any plugins that provides functionality similar to Portfolio, but has a calendar view so that release plans and dates can be seen on a calendar view?

Are there any plugins that provides functionality similar to Portfolio, but has a calendar view so that release plans and dates can be seen on a calendar view?

Jennifer Burns October 16, 2015

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2015

What particular functionality of JIRA Portfolio are you looking for?

Just so you know, the "Calendar" tab in your Project overview page will display Issues on their respective due dates and release dates.

my.jira.website/browse/MYPROJECT#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.ext.calendar%3Aissuecalendar-panel

Jennifer Burns October 19, 2015

Looking for a way for a growing company to plan out releases, demo pushes, prod pushes, so that QA / management has an idea of when things are due, coming up, and how much of a bottleneck having only 1 QA is. Portfolio seems great from an overall scheduling and release planning, but the release schedule and reporting is such a "release train" and flat view, that i think it would be too much information on there. Ideally I would need to see at least 30-40 projects at once, i would think these would be the initiatives, "4 themes" (these are the development specialty areas) and dates that are all over the board. Management would like to see a calendar view, instead of a flat view. Hope this helps and makes sense.

Suggest an answer