Are there any gadgets that support gathering metrics from custom fields

Todd Godfrey July 22, 2012

None of the gadgets I can find show custom fields in Axis-X or Axis-Y field picker. This really limits our use of JIRA for gathering quantitative data. Are there any gadgets out there which support a custom number field?

2 answers

0 votes

ALthough it appears the Gadgets will be of little help to me in this regard I forgot about the ability to export to excel. I can get my data into excel that way so I guess this is a moot point although it would be nice if a gadget could do all the math and displaying for me.

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2012

I suppose you're talking about Two-Dimensional Report. It's not about the gadget, it's about custom fields. They should be Statable, so I suggest you should ask for support for each CF you are using and you wish to be in that report.

For instance, at some customer's request, we implemented taht for https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.keplerrominfo.jira.plugins.keplercf .

Have fun,

R

Wow that is a pretty cumbersome way to implement IMO. We are trying to use JIRA as a "one stop shopping" as far as our tools go and we want to be able to track our documentation peer reviews using JIRA. We have it all set up but there are a lot of custom fields that we need to pull data from. such as, Rivewer 1 - Major Technical defects, Reviewer 2 - minor technical defects, etc. We pull data from bugzilla currently and aggregate into majors, minors, rev. time for each reviewer. that's about 15 custom fields we need to pull data for. I'm not sure it would be reasonable for us to ask Atlassian to spend time creating a report that unique and complicated just for us.

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2012

Most CF are stattable, if you're talking about JIRA ones.

Suggest an answer