Are there any ScriptRunner tutorial / resources available specifically for JIRA CLOUD?

Rosa M Fossi July 14, 2017

Hello Community, Rosa the non-developer here... and JIRA Cloud/ScriptRunner has landed on my plate of things to figure out ASAP to meet some of our project needs.

Is there a resource out there (tutorial, for dummies, basic training) for ScriptRunner - JIRA Cloud version?  i keep seeing references to Igor's Rocking with JIRA's ScriptRunner, but it was posted in 2014, and scriptrunner wasn't available for Cloud then (the post itself makes references to installs on a server, which we dont' have of course). 

Any help, guides, smoke signals would be appreciated.

1 answer

2 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2017

Rosa,

Adaptavist maintains a great documentation with examples here: http://scriptrunner-docs.connect.adaptavist.com/jiracloud/post-functions.html#_link_to_an_issue

You can use these examples / docs and the Jira REST API doc, scriptrunner for cloud relies on the rest api to do almost everything.

I'm working on a project with this plugin and once you learn the basic syntax, the rest api is your main doc.

Rosa M Fossi July 14, 2017

Thanks for the info Gaston. I'll check this out!!

Suggest an answer