Are service desks associated with particular projects?

Dave Stewart October 24, 2013

I am trying to figure out the best way to make use of service desks.

I see that a service desk is a project but it appears to be linked to projects in some way as well and I am wondering how this occurs. Also I noticed a note somewhere that indicated a particular service desk was shared by 1 project, implying it can be shared by more than 1, how is this done?

Can I get aggregate reporting across all service desks if I have a one to one ratio between service desks and projects?

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2013

Hi Dave,

You could ofcourse always just use a dashboard with a bunch of gadgets based on cross project JQL filters to get your reporting. It might not give you all you need, but it can already provide a lot of information.

Best regards,

Peter

Dave Stewart October 27, 2013

So are you saying by using the JQL reporting I could get statistics on all service desks in a report if I have three projects, 1, 2 and 3 as well as 3 service desks, s1, s2 and s3? If I needed to see incidents for all three service desks and sla information?

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2013

Yes, the sla information is in custom fields and everything is in basic Jira projects, so it's possible to query it through JQL.

0 votes
AlaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2013

Hi Dave,

This currently is not p ossible, however there is a feature request regarding this here:

Vote for the request, and add it to your watch-list to receive updates on the ticket.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Suggest an answer