Are others being issued "invalid" license keys?

Whit Blauvelt June 9, 2015

Our JIRA autorenewed three days ago. Today when I try to copy the license key from my.atlassian.com JIRA insists it is "invalid." Does Atlassian have a known bug in its key-issuing process, or have we just be particularly unlucky?

Having no overlap between autorenew and key expiry is not wise. Here they issued the new key on a Saturday. There should be at least a week overlap (or at absolute minimum one business day) to allow for installation - or failure of installation in this case.

1 answer

0 votes
Whit Blauvelt June 9, 2015

Oops. It was their broken website, not a bad license. When I went to view licenses on our account it only showed one, which I took to be the main JIRA license. Instead it's for a plugin, and that's what was just renewed. Why they're not showing the other licenses we have is a mystery. Why the "request support" link from there goes to https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/de.catworkx.jira.plugins.outlook2jira rather than to, well, a support page is another mystery. We only got the email yesterday about the license autorenewal two days before, and it didn't say anything about which license it was, so I was assuming it was the main one.

Suggest an answer