Are gadgets required to work to move from Server to Cloud?

MatthewL August 11, 2014

Our company is trying to move from the server version of Jira to the On Demand Cloud instance. I have updgraded our server instance to the latest server version 6.3.3 in preparation for the move. After I updated I see that our issues and users are still there, but some functionality is broken. We had different system dashboards that no longer work. Also, some of the drop downs do not populate unless you are on certain pages. Does this need to be fixed before using the Import wizard to restore data in the OnDemand Instance or is will the import work with just the data?

As a second question, I see that the OnDemand is at version 6.4, but the latest available server updgrade is at 6.3.3, will this be an issue?

1 answer

0 votes
Jaime S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2014

Hi, Matthew.

Updating you JIRA also changes the data, so I'd advise you to try to fix it first, before exporting to OnDemand.

As for the version, OnDemand is always in a greater version. It does requires a minimum version to accept the import, but if you have installed the latest, you should not have problem.

Kind regards.

Suggest an answer