Are SLAs supposed to recalculate when I change them?

Angela Tran December 12, 2016

For Time to Acknowledge SLA, I forgot to add a status to Stop counting. I added that status to Stop counting, but an issue that had breached the SLA does not reflect the new SLAs. It still says the SLA is breached even though it should not have based on the new SLA rules. This issue is not Resolved/Closed.

2 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2016

Be careful though. Each SLA metric goes through states running / paused / completed. Running means that the time counter is still making progress. Paused means that it is in an intermediate status like 'Waiting for Customer' or a time outside working hours. Completed means that the end state of your SLA metric has been reached.

Yes, SLA values will be recalculated automatically, but not on issues that have reached the end state of your SLA metrics. Those issues are considered to be complete with reference to that metric and their historic SLA times will as a result be kept by design.

Fernando Calvo June 27, 2019

Is there any way to claim SLAs for tickets with status = final status in the SLA?

Diego Godoy Poce September 19, 2019

Hi,

Any way to do this?

Thank you.

Like # people like this
Diego Godoy Poce September 19, 2019

Thank you Fernando!

It works.

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2016

The answer depends on which version of ServiceDesk you are running. On the current version, the SLA's will be updated/recalculated automatically. On older versions, you will need to click the "update" or "recalculate" link under the SLA menu on the left. This will take a minute, and refresh all SLA's within your project. 

Suggest an answer