Are Jira licenses and Confluence licenses compatible?

Javier Guarinos Ibañez December 19, 2018

Are Jira licenses and Confluence licenses compatible? Hello, the company I work for has 25 Jira licenses. Now, in addition, the implementation of Confluence is being evaluated. By not using the 25 Jira licenses, we would like to know if you can use part of those Jira licenses for Confluece. The number of users varies according to project, so there would not be a fixed number of Jira or Confluence users. Thank you for your answers and discuple me if I have written any barbarity.

1 answer

1 vote
Merle Fischer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2018

Hi Javier,
if I understood you correctly what you want to do is not possible, you can not share one license for Jira and Confluence (i.e. have 10 users of a 25 jira license in Jira and the other 15 in Confluence).

Each application needs its own user license, they do however not need to match so you can have a 25 User license for Jira and a 10 User License for Confluence.

You need to potentially watch out to add users to the right groups depending on how you plan to integrate the two applications, but these answers should help with that:

Best

Merle

Javier Guarinos Ibañez December 19, 2018

Thank you very much for your time and your response. I will inform you that if you accept the implementation, you will have to acquire new licenses.

Suggest an answer