Are JIRA fields like "priority" or "Due date" not included in the schedule algorithm of Portfolio for JIRA

Tradebyte Software GmbH November 22, 2016

I actually was asking myself what information is considered in the JIRA Portfolio schedule algorithm? Of course the estimation (hour/story points), the ranking of the issues, dependencies, the assigned stages/skills and all the configured options in the configuration of the plan under "Scheduling"... But what else? The themes which are rated in %? The priority field or due date? Something else like "date created" (old issues first/last)?
Especially, I was wondering why fields like JIRA "priority" or due date are not even selectable as filters in the scope section. At least, this would be a very useful thing for doing the ranking which definitively is considered.

It would be much easier to convince my colleagues if I could let them know on which data basis Portfolio does the calculation. Can anybody help me?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2016
  •  Backlog items' priority (Referring to the RANK, NOT the priority)
  •  Sequence - Start and end releases' dates
  •  Estimates and required skill level capacities
  •  Teams and people's availability
  •  People's skills - what type of work can each member do.
  •  Varying availability and absences. For example, vacations, people available only from certain.
  •  Dependencies between backlog items
  •  Work's stages - activities that can happen either in parallel or sequential activities.
  •  Team's schedules - iterations and sprint lengths, or continuous, day-to-day schedule.
  •  Configurable constraints for example, how many people can work in parallel on a story.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfoliocloud/scheduling-behavior-828785428.html

0 votes
Roland Sühsmuth December 6, 2016

Hi, @ALL,

we have this problem too. I cannot choose the field "priority" (also "aacount") from the available fields of Portfolio. This field won't be offer me. I don't see it. I see some other fields we need, But i can't choose them. They are marked as inactive. 

Any ideas? In JIRA Filter i can access those fields.

Thnx and bye, Roland

0 votes
Tradebyte Software GmbH November 22, 2016

Thank you Steven, should have read that before...sorry!
However, it would still be great to show the priority (and some more JIRA fields) in portfolio so that I could change the ranking if necessary considering this information. Maybe I should submit this as suggestion.

Suggest an answer