I actually was asking myself what information is considered in the JIRA Portfolio schedule algorithm? Of course the estimation (hour/story points), the ranking of the issues, dependencies, the assigned stages/skills and all the configured options in the configuration of the plan under "Scheduling"... But what else? The themes which are rated in %? The priority field or due date? Something else like "date created" (old issues first/last)?
Especially, I was wondering why fields like JIRA "priority" or due date are not even selectable as filters in the scope section. At least, this would be a very useful thing for doing the ranking which definitively is considered.
It would be much easier to convince my colleagues if I could let them know on which data basis Portfolio does the calculation. Can anybody help me?
- Backlog items' priority (Referring to the RANK, NOT the priority)
- Sequence - Start and end releases' dates
- Estimates and required skill level capacities
- Teams and people's availability
- People's skills - what type of work can each member do.
- Varying availability and absences. For example, vacations, people available only from certain.
- Dependencies between backlog items
- Work's stages - activities that can happen either in parallel or sequential activities.
- Team's schedules - iterations and sprint lengths, or continuous, day-to-day schedule.
- Configurable constraints for example, how many people can work in parallel on a story.
Thank you Steven, should have read that before...sorry!
However, it would still be great to show the priority (and some more JIRA fields) in portfolio so that I could change the ranking if necessary considering this information. Maybe I should submit this as suggestion.
we have this problem too. I cannot choose the field "priority" (also "aacount") from the available fields of Portfolio. This field won't be offer me. I don't see it. I see some other fields we need, But i can't choose them. They are marked as inactive.
Any ideas? In JIRA Filter i can access those fields.
Thnx and bye, Roland
The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs