Are Atlassian going to fix the {repository-plugin} macro?

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2012

This macro renders a table from a plugin key, based on information stored in marketplace (formerly PAC). This saves you having to double-enter a load of details on the confluence page.

However this has been broken for donks, and now just shows a fugly stacktrace. Example: https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/CGSR/Confluence+Global+Search+and+Replace+Plugin

What is the alternative? Can't this be fixed?

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2012

The macros have been fixed. Enjoy.

John

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 29, 2012

Fantastic, thanks John.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2012

They're broken again... any chance you could do your thing again John?

JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2012

Fixed again. Hopefully should remain fixed from now on--- our REST api is now stable.

1 vote
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2012

Hi Jamie,

We recently made additional changes to the marketplace's REST api, which had the unfortunate side-effect of breaking these macros. I've filed an issue for this: https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/AMKT-2855

One bit of good news is that we're very close to finalizing the first version of our new REST api, which these macros have been using. Things should be much more stable once we've stabilized the api.

cheers,

John

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2012

OK, good to hear. Thanks John.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 29, 2012

Yes, that would be the easy, sensible solution. I see that since I asked the question they've disabled the plugin module which I guess is an improvement.

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2012

I agree, they have been broken in various ways for most of the year. I suggested they replace them with a user macro (until they work correctly) that does nothing so at least it doesn't show errors on pages.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2012

I do. The information required in the marketplace is the same as in PAC. Anyway, at least, they could replace the output with "deprecated" rather than a huge stack trace, which makes people think confluence is broken.

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2012

I have removed references to these macros for my plugins. Instead I have provided a pointer to the marketplace entry that now has all the information (in a different way). With the progression of marketplace stuff and it becoming the primary point of entry, I don't think it worthwhile for Atlassian to mess with the old macros.

Suggest an answer