Archiving old tickets in Jira

Hemanshu Sood November 25, 2016

Hi,

Please assist:

I have many tickets in JIRA which are clogging my JIRA server space. Is there any way to archive ticket data in JIRA so as to save space but making sure if we need old ticket details, we can get it from JIRA archive.

2 answers

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2016

There are a number of methods explained at https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/archiving-a-project-802592917.html.

One of the option, that is not mentioned on the page, is to set a security level on the issues that you want to hide. You can have a security level that is visible only to the admins and that will hide the issues from everyone else.

All of them comes with pros and cons. I guess you have to pick the one that suits you best!

Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2019

Do you feel that the Security Scheme archiving might be the best way to go? I am trying to configure this for our Cloud instance and its really hard to decide which way to archive. We are over 4k tickets now and its really slowing our instance down.

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 25, 2016

You could try import/export project.

1. Move all old tickets to some project 
  2. Export it
  3. Delete project

Suggest an answer