Archiving in JIRA

Lianna Kong September 10, 2015

I've read the workarounds in terms of archiving JIRA projects and issue types, but I haven't been able to find a solution for archiving custom fields, old workflows, statuses, and resolutions.

We have a lot of content in our custom fields - many of which are too specifically named to keep. I'd like to be able to keep the content, but remove the fields from the options on screens, in projects, etc. Simply removing the field will remove all the content associated with the field, but removing the field from screens means that every new screen that is made, the field will need to be hidden every time - and hiding all the fields when you have over 200 fields is painstaking.

We also have a lot of old workflows, statuses, and resolutions that are no longer used, or we're trying to remove. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to remove these workflows and statuses? I'd prefer not to migrate all the statuses for over 100k issues and lose the data, but I haven't found an elegant solution yet.

Looking for any and all suggestions as to how others are handling archiving in JIRA.

Thanks!

3 answers

0 votes
Lianna Kong September 15, 2015

The issue that I'm running into is that I want to depreciate fields, statuses, and resolutions. Removing the field from JIRA removes historical content. Is there a way to stop users from using these fields, workflows, statuses, and resolutions without deletion?

0 votes
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2015
Lianna Kong September 16, 2015

That only helps me archive full projects or issues within that project. I'm looking to archive/depreciate custom fields and statuses.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2015

You've worded this in a difficult manner. What is the core problem?

Suggest an answer