Archiving a Project

HCS January 15, 2013

My customer would like a copy of a comleted project. I am the license owner of the OnDemand services. Is there a way to provide a copy of a project for them to use without the need of an OnDemand license?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2013

Hi Tom,

Essentially, your customer cannot use the product/data without a license. As mentioned above, an evaluation might be appropriate if the customer only needs this for a short time. Also, you can export your issues to csv, which will provide the data in a format that can be imported into most issue tracking software, which might be a more portable solution.

Finally, you might consider setting your permissions so that you can create a single user for that customer, and restrict them to that particular project (also see Managing Project Visibility), so that they can view this information as long as you have the OnDemand product.

Hope that helps a little!

Thanks,

-dave

0 votes
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2013

How long will they need the information? If it is short term, I would suggest using a demo license, perform a backup/restore into the demo environment and then hack everything but the project out. Exporting just a project with complete definitions, context, attachments, comments, states, etc. is problematic with out a lot of back end scripting. You can then publish the link to just that user and open up the project for viewing.

If they will need a longer term beyond what the temp license provides, or they "want to use the instance", well...they will need to license that and you'll want to sanitize your configurations.

If you do that, make sure you disable mail polling until you've cleared everything out and disabled any reports folks have setup to be mailing themselves of the off chance that where you setup/restore will have open smtp access.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2013

You can backup the entire JIRA as explained here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Exporting+issues#Exportingissues-BackingupandexportingJIRAOnDemanddata

and then import it into a local JIRA instance of the same or higher version.

HCS January 15, 2013

Hi Jobin, thank you for the comment. However, I would like to provide a complete package to one of my clients without the need for them to have a JIRA account.

Suggest an answer