Archived versions showing up in the "Plan a Test Cycle" page "Select Version" dropdown list.

Andrew Morin March 5, 2013

I thought from the question asked and answered in the link below that archived versions would not show up. When you have 100+ versions this can be a pain...

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/129128/archiving-versions-doesn-t-archive-test-cycles-in-zephyr-for-jira

1 answer

0 votes
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2013

Hi Andrew,

I can reproduce your problem. But it seems to be a feature: if you want to have a look to all test cases of older versions it is an advantage to see all old versions. This is the reason why all versions are visible.

Best regards,

Mathias

Andrew Morin March 11, 2013

I don't think so as recently "Released" versions not yet archived should contain any of those test cases as test cycles get cloned and grow with the product. Archived versions would be lacking all of the cases added over time. The clone happens from the most recently released version to capture any new test cases that may have been created during the latest release plus all past inherited test cases. Either way there should be a toggle in the admin section, if what you imply could be a valid situation for some, to either show archived releases or hide them. IMHO.

Suggest an answer