Approvals from multiple groups

James Kavanagh January 5, 2017

Hi All,

Sorry for the basic question, it doesn't look  possible from the cloud version of Jira but if it is I can't figure out how.

My current situation requires approvals from 3 separate groups. Is it possibly to have this in one status or do I need to create an individual status for each approval?

I've been scratching my head at looking at different examples but I'm not entirely sure how to go about it.

I was thinking adding properties to the status might accomplish this but I don't know how to go about retrieving the property values for the 3 groups.

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2017

James, you will need separate statuses. You might think you could achieve this via multiple transitions out of a single status, e.g. group-A approve & reject, group-B approve & reject, etc. However, the way approvals work is that only one transition from a status can be assigned the approve and one the reject. Any other transition  cannot have this action. I use multistep approval and simply have something like Manager Approval and Finance Approval statuses. There are benefits of having multi-statuses too and it is easy to hide these statuses as needed.

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2022

Hi @James Kavanagh ,

you can't do that using builtin features. You can try the following app https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211763/herzum-approval?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

Fabio

Suggest an answer