Approval status added to workflow, location of decline button is part of 'More' pulldown

Bill Parlock January 30, 2020

I added and configured an Approval status to my workflow. When I create and step through a ticket, I will see the Approve button appear, but the 'Decline' button is located in the 'More' pulldown. How can I get the 'Decline' button to be located next to the Approve button? The Approve button is located next to the Edit and Comment buttons on the ticket.

Thanks-

1 answer

0 votes
Tony Rossiter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2020

@Bill Parlock 

You will need to use the opsbar-sequence property in your workflow transitions to reorder them on the page. Nic gives a good description of their use and best practices here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Changing-Order-ofthe-Workflow-Transition-Buttons/qaq-p/239379

Bill Parlock January 31, 2020

Thanks Tony. I am reviewing the documentation.

So I have tried two things. First, for each transition in my workflow, I added the opsbar-sequence property and assigned a unique number (10,20,30 ..). The workflow was then published. Second, I stopped Jira and added a line to the jira-config-properties file to increase the value of ops.bar.group.size.opsbar-transitions. The default had been 2. I then restarted Jira. So for the approval step, I still see an 'approve' button but 'decline' is part of a pulldown. I would prefer to have both approve and decline as buttons next to each other on the ticket.

Tony Rossiter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2020

@Bill Parlock can you post a screenshot of the Issue View screen and also of your workflow (and any other helpful screenshots)?

I've not tried to change the number of visible transitions through the config file so I can't speak to that but, with the default of 2 being displayed, both of your buttons *should* be seen on the screen.  Your screenshots might help troubleshoot

I will have to get approval to send the screenshots. I will reply back when I do. Thanks again for your assistance.

Verena Diehl October 1, 2020

You can reorder the "normal" buttons via the opsbar sequence. 

But it is not possible to do this for the Service Desk Approval Buttons. A lot of postfunctions are not usable with this transitions. Even all of the validators and conditions cannot be used within those transitions.

Anyhow, I haven't found a resolution for this. But i would be happy, if someone has an appropriate workaround.

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2021

There is no workaround

Suggest an answer