Approval error when i add new user to TEMPO and try to approve his plan (Internal activity)

Chris Verlaine December 16, 2013

I added a new user to JIRA, added him also to the tempo users. Added him to a team and made a plan request with this user. When i try to approve the below screen opens. The approval button and header text are showing as below. If I do this for an existing user, no error occurs and all works as expected. Any ideas?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tempo Support - Do not use
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2013

Hi Chris,

can you inform us about the versions of Tempo and JIRA you are using, as we released a fix for a similar problem in 7.7.0.2.

It might also be useful to move this to the Tempo support project (https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/JTS) so we can better follow up on this problem.

Kind regards,

Susanne (Tempo)

We use Tempo Timesheet - 7.7.1.2. I will move the issue.

0 votes

OK, this error is caused by creating an internal JIRA user with spaces in the Full Name. For some reason tempo added the member his full name to the member table and not the username (which had no spaces). The other users were created and configured in crowd and are correct in the member table when adding to a team (not sure if related, but these users are correctly inserted in the member table using username). I recreated the internal JIRA user with full name = username (no spaces in the full name) and this seems to work. Is this a bug in Tempo?

Suggest an answer