Applying unique expander tags to a list of items to collapse in JIRA plugin

S M April 4, 2017

I am working on a JIRA plugin in which within velocity template I display a series of items in a list. I would like a section of the list per item to be collapsed until an icon is selected and then it expands. I tried to implement this using bootstrap resources but found that it interfied with the view workflow link. I am looking at trying to use the expander tags as defined in the hyperlink but am not seeinga way to uniquely identify a section. Any pointers on creating collapsible divs in JIRA plugins?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
S M April 5, 2017

I was able to resolve this after a bit more time reviewing the AUI documentation related to expanders.

My working example is as follows

Below link that controls the expanding/collapse of the div. I'm using one of the AUI icons as defined within the <span> tags

<a id="Link" class="aui-expander-trigger" aria-controls="$count"><span class="aui-icon aui-icon-small aui-iconfont-devtools-task-in-progress">Info</span></a>

The target container that collaspses

<div id="$count" class="aui-expander-content">

$count in this case is a variable I defined within the velocity template outside of my foreach loop that ensures a unique tag for each like <div> element used in this example.

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2017

Hi - since this is development related, you might want to try asking this over at: https://community.developer.atlassian.com as well if you haven't already.

Hoepfully someone over there will be able to help.

S M April 5, 2017

Good call, apologies.

Suggest an answer