Applying filter (with custom field) to dashboard gadget

Phil Foster March 19, 2013

I have created a custom field called "Sprint" to capture the month a task will be completed (e.g. March 2013). I am able to search across all projects for issues that are open, in progress or re-opened and are in the sprint version "March 2013." When I perform this query, I get over 40 results in the search issues screen. After saving this filter (shown below), I tried to apply it to the dashboard gadget (Greenhopper Agile Gadget) but it stating there are no issues part of the filter.

Filter: status in (Open, "In Progress", Reopened) AND "Sprint " = "March 2013" ORDER BY priority DESC

I thinking this has to do with the custom field 'sprint' I created since I am only able to search using the advanced search screen and not the basic. Is the custom field not searchable through the dashboard gadget? If not, how do I enable custom fields to be searchable when I apply filters to dashboard gadgets.

This is a big road block for my team using JIRA.

Thanks for your help!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kai Gottschalk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2013

Hi Phil,

just to ensure, you're not went into a common trap: Do you have re-indexed the db after you created the custom field?

Without a re-index new custom fields do work partially but not overall within JIRA/Greenhopper.

Cheers
Kai

Suggest an answer