Applying additional conditions to Epics in JQL is causing the Epic Panel to be empty.

Elliot Jones January 11, 2021

When using the epic link JQL function, the board correctly filters the Epics I would like to see, however, the epics panel on the left hand side is visible, however there are no Epics listed. Which is....kind of backwards. 

There should be a function where you can filter only certain Epics into a board, but then still be able to see them in the panel, that way you can edit and filter during discussions and planning more efficiently. Obviously I could create quick filters but that seems overkill.

epic.png

1 answer

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2021

Epic links --> for stories , tasks which are linked to Epics 

Epic Name --> Is to display all epics only 

Board filter : all stories related to project

Quick filter 1 : Issue type = epic || for displaying epic only 

Quick filter 2 : epic link is not empty || which displays only tasks / stories linked to epic 

Quick filter 3 : epic link is empty || to show which are not linked to epic 

Is it a bit helpful in finding related information

Do your suggestion above allow the Epic Panel to be visible?

I should definitely clarify actually, I do not want to JUST look at Epics in the board. I want to see: 

- Certain Epics as per my filter

- All issues associated to those Epics

- Still be able to see the Epics in the Epic Panel

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2021

Hi @Elliot Jones ,

May I know what type of epics you need to display on board. Any condition ? You mentioned as certain epics ??

Hello! I have two boards. Both are agile scrum and both are in the same project. 

There are some Epics I do not need to display on one board, and vice versa. 

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2021

Hi ,

How did you separated two boards. 

Does boards using different JQL filters ?

If same board filter used , displaying epics on different boards is not possible. 

If you add any customized JQL Query like 

Project = abcd and component = Anvesh 

Project = abcd and component = Jones 

Like component you can use any field to differentiate the boards.

Suggest an answer