Applying Post function to exsisting stories

Surya Akasam October 21, 2019

Hi 

I have Create a post Funciton which Updates the Resolution Field to Done as Jira is not updating Stories as resolved. 

Note: This Post function on the last step of Work flow

future Stories have this funciton triggered but now I have around 200 issues Where i want to update the Resolution field to done, and in Bulk Update -> Edit I am not able to find the Resoltion field 

Any one suggest me a solution

Regards

Surya

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Gustav L_Estrade
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2019

Hi @Surya Akasam

As you say you can not do a bulk edit to set resolution. The solution to this problem is to create a transition from and to the same status named "Set resolution" or alike. At the transition you add a post-function to set resolution as desired. After this has been done, you can do a bulk transition through this transition, which triggers the post function for all 200 issues. 

In the workflow editor it would look something like this:

image.png

Hope this helps!

Good luck with your Jira endeavors!

Surya Akasam October 21, 2019

Thanks. It worked for me

Like Gustav L_Estrade likes this
0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2019

If you can find a time when no one is using JIRA (weekends ?) you can add the resolution field to the edit screen, use the bulk update function, and then remove the field. 

Gustav L_Estrade
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2019

The resolution field is not available as a bulk edit even if it is available on the edit screen. Atlassian themselves instruct my solution above for setting a resolution as bulk. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/bulk-edit-resolutions-in-jira-server-321857142.html

If you somehow anyhow made this work, please elaborate how you did it. 

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2019

I did it a long time ago. I guess they changed the software. 

Suggest an answer