Apply permissions to Jira OnDemand's users on BitBucket

Ronaldo Orbite August 12, 2013

I'm having trouble giving permission for jira's onDemand users at bitbucket.

I created a BitBucket team account and made the link to the Jira OnDemand. After finishing the migration, I noticed on the menu Accounts DVSC Jira there is a new link to another account team configured by OnDemand. I believe that this account must have the same capacity for users that my account Jira (50). But the new account I created team is limited to 5 users for free.

I looked at Atlassian's site for my licenses and it says I'm entitled to 50 users on BitBucket.

I thought about doing the migration again on the team account created automatically by OnDemand (which probably allows to include User 50 free), but I do not know how to access since this account does not have permissions to registered users in Jira (does not have permissions for no users).

In short, I need one of the options:

- Getting permissions for the Jira's users on the initial BitBucket team account(resource) (Its better!!) or..

- Getting a user with permission to migrate the account team configured by OnDemand (resource-ondemand). (In this option I will need to migrate again! : / )

Can you help me?

2 answers

1 vote
AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2013

When you signed up for OnDemand, you were sent two emails. One from OnDemand, and one from Bitbucket. The one from Bitbucket contained a link for you to take control of a new Team on Bitbucket with the same name as your Atlassian OnDemand instance. This email was sent to the email address that setup the account.

If you find that invitation link, you will be able to complete signing-up for your Bitbucket account (separate from your JIRA account) and take administrative control of the team we created for you.

Once you complete this, you can then opt to transfer repos to your team account by following this guide: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BITBUCKET/Merge+accounts

Finally, here is more on how Bitbucket and OnDemand are integrated:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Getting+started+with+Bitbucket+and+OnDemand

0 votes
m
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2013

The JIRA OnDemand user database is separate from the Bitbucket user database. There is no way to link user accounts on JIRA with user accounts on Bitbucket. Please vote on this BBC-129 enhancement request if you want this feature.

However, when you (or somone else) creates new JIRA users, emails will be automatically sent to the new users, inviting them to join Bitbucket. Make sure you have read Getting started with Bitbucket and JIRA OnDemand.

If you have a list of users on JIRA you know you want on your team, you can log into Bitbucket as a user with admin rights on the team and invite them. Bitbucket will take care of sending them an invite and adding them to your team. See Add a user to a team.

Suggest an answer