Applinks - Plugin - OAuth - 5.4.12

Matt Carter October 10, 2019

Is it possible to upgrade "Applinks - Plugin - OAuth - 5.4.12" for Jira Enterprise 7.13.8? 

I need to be running Applinks - Plugin - OAuth - 6.0.4

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2019

Hi Matt,

I understand you're running Jira server in the 7.13.8 version, but you are looking to upgrade the applinks plugin to a newer version.

The specific applinks oauth version you ask about is bundled with the newer Jira 8.1.x - 8.4.x versions today.  Unfortunately, Atlassian does not have a means for Jira admins to manually updates these system plugins, without actually updating Jira as well.  If you were to upgrade Jira to one of those versions (8.1 - 8.4), then that system plugin would automatically be updated as part of the update to Jira.

It might be possible to grab the .jar files that relate to this plugin from a newer Jira version and try to use them in your version, but this would not be supported by Atlassian, and I cannot recommend trying this as the versions of Jira were not designed to handled that specific version of the plugin.

That said, this question seems strange.  Are you sure you need to update this specific plugin?  Could you tell us more about why?  Typically if you're trying to connect Jira to another Atlassian Application, these versions of the applinks plugin do not need to match exactly.  In some cases they do need to be relatively close versions to ensure compatibility, but I would be interested to learn more about the use case here so that we can try to offer better help here.

Please let me know.

Andy

Suggest an answer