Application links between Jira and Confluence give a weird error

vrw productions September 11, 2017

For a proof of concept in my company we are attempting to configure Jira and Confluence in tandem, this off course is going to require an application link between these 2 applications and since we are going to be using SSO(AD connect) we are going to require Oauth impersonation.

Now whilst configuring this i am running into some strange errors for one when i am trying to configure these links through the reverse SSL apache proxy then the connection for some reason gives an HTTP 302(found) and the atlassian logs are telling me that there is a "Maximum of 3 redirects reached." which is fairly strange but whatever.

i then attempted to follow the following guide https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/how-to-create-an-unproxied-application-link-719095740.html as i do not care how these application links are made i just need them to work. this however comes up with the following error message "error" so right now i am at a stand still and this project cannot continue.

this is a direct requirement for us before we even try to get a license, so this is a complete blocker. any direct help would be appreciated.

1 answer

1 vote
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2017

I understand you were having trouble configuring application links through the Apache reverse proxy so you tried to bypass the proxy for the application links. Bypassing the proxy you are seeing an error in the browser that simply says "error". That isn't a very descriptive message so you are blocked.

Please check the Confluence and Jira logs for more helpful errors:

• <confluence_install>/logs/catalina.out
  • <confluence_home>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log
  • <jira_install>/logs/catalina.out
  • <jira_home>/logs/atlassian-jira.log

Note: The <confluence_home> directory is the path defined in the following file: <confluence_install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties and the JIRA home directory is defined in <JIRA_Install>atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/jira-application.properties.

I look forward to hearing what you find in the logs.

Suggest an answer