Application link issue

rahuldanwade
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2015

Hello All

We have JIRA and Fisheye/Crucible both on HTTPS

Initially we configured App link Between them with the OAuth authentication method and it worked successfully but now it is giving error 500.

OAuth option in Application Link wizard not visible for JIRA for both Incoming and Outgoing Authentication.

It is available in Fisheye/Crucible for Incoming Authentication but for Outgoing Authentication it is throwing bellow error.

An Application Link from the remote application to this application is required to configure this authentication provider.

Application Link 'JIRA' was created successfully locally but the reciprocal link was not created.

In JIRA on view issue page under review and source tab following error was thrown

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: No appropriate protocol (protocol is disabled or cipher suites are inappropriate)

Is it related to SSL certificate??

can anybody explore how to configure SSL with

JIRA - Fisheye/Crucible

both application have same JAVA version.[1.7]

2 answers

1 vote
Jonathan Muse
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2015

I have been fighting this issue myself recently. You need to add the Fisheye key to the keystore on the JIRA server and the JIRA key to the keystore on the Fisheye server.

See this for more information.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Running+Confluence+Over+SSL+or+HTTPS

rahuldanwade
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2015

Hi Jon, Thanks for quick reply. So I should create two keys each for jira and fisheye and exchange each other keystore. Will it work?

rahuldanwade
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2015

keystore.kst from both applications

Jonathan Muse
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2015

Yes, use a key from the same key pair used to set up SSL, not a new key pair. Reboot both applications and rebuild the application links. It should work.

rahuldanwade
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2015

Hi, I am not able to find where to store this these keys. Should I do it Manually?

rahuldanwade
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2015

this is very urgent

0 votes
CruzinUSA
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2015

Hi Rahul,

This definitely points to an SSL error. We have a couple of KB Articles on resolving SSL errors. If you find that you're still unable to create the application link I'd recommend creating a support ticket to resolve the issue.

Christopher Lankow June 2, 2015

It seems like this may be related to SSLv3 "banning" that happen in Java 7u76.

I am experiencing the same error described in the original question trying to link to JIRA 6.3.15 front ended by apache from Confluence 5.7.4 running on Java 7u80.

http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/security-dev/2015-January/011667.html

Christopher Lankow June 2, 2015

Has anyone else run into this or know of an appropriate solution? I would prefer to continue using our reverse proxy with the SSL.

J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 1, 2015

So...you may need to look at this: http://www.go2group.com/2015/07/21/troubleshooting-series-linking-multiple-atlassian-applications-with-sslv3/ Ties into SSLv3 banning as was mentioned before.

Suggest an answer