Application Links not working

John Neale February 21, 2013

Cannot authorise application link between Jira and Bamboo.

In Jira when I attempt to configure a project link to Bamboo I get the Authorization required page. If I then click on Authorize I get the following error page

Authentication failed!

An error occurred while trying to obtain an access token. For application link xxxxxx Bamboo (764b766b-576c-3be6-b294-67f6905fecfe) https://xxxxx.xxx.net.au com.atlassian.applinks.application.bamboo.BambooApplicationTypeImpl@615d269b

I have tried deleting the Application Links and setting them up again but this didn't make any difference.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Neale March 7, 2013

Discovered that I needed the system-administrators group added to my profile. This seems to have fixed the problem.

Alexander Farennikov June 30, 2014

Hi John, wow did you add yourself to system-administrator group? I'm an admin but it shows me an error: You are not allowed to modify memberships of the system-administrators group as it is restricted to system administrators.

Like Anup likes this
0 votes
SherryX
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2013

Do you use the same user IDs between the two applications? Try using Basic Access athentication, I used to have problems with application links, but seems working after I delete the application link and use Basic Access athentication.

Suggest an answer