Application Link with IIS and Integrated Authentication

Ernesto Castro April 30, 2014

I am setting up a JIRA+Confluence environment in my job and I found a problem linking JIRA to Confluence.

Both JIRA and Confluence are set up with IIS ARR and Windows Integrated Authentication.

When I try to setup the link in JIRA, I get a not authorized error "Unable to retrieve the application's certificate: Invalid response code of 401 returned from confluence.myexample.com".

Does anybody faced the same scenario? What are the alternatives? Both not linking JIRA with Confluence or not using WIA are not an option.

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
Ernesto Castro May 1, 2014

Nop, I'm not using SSL... the problem is that IIS requires the user to authenticate using integrated security but as the link between the application is done from tomcat, and it is running as Local System, it is rejected by IIS.

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2014

Hi Ernesto,

Are you using SSL? I could find another question which the problem was the certificate.

If the case, I recommend to test without SSL and recreate the app links using trusted applications.

If you are able to connect to each other application, then I recommend to check the SSL settings and check if the certificates are correctly placed on each truststore of each application server.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer