Application Link not working

David Toussaint _Communardo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2012

Hi guys,

I have a JIRA and a Confluence Instance set up (both of them pretty recent versions) and application links configured. When I try to insert a JIRA Issue into a confluence page this works like a charm.

Anyway, when I try to link a confluence page to a JIRA Issue it does not find the anything. Neither while trying to copy and paste the confluence page URL, nor by browsing spaces list in that screen, spaces list is just not loading.

Switching JIRA to debug mode the following appears in the log file:

2012-09-10 16:58:05,532 TP-Processor2 DEBUG admin 1018x71x1 ba6819 10.xx.203.xx /rest/confluenceIssueLink/1/confluence/search [httpclient.wire.content] << "<?xml version="1.0"?><methodResponse><fault><value><struct><member><name>faultString</name><value>java.lang.Exception: com.atlassian.confluence.rpc.NotPermittedException: Anonymous RPC access is disabled on this server</value></member><member><name>faultCode</name><value><int>0</int></value></member></struct></value></fault></methodResponse>"

I do think the application links are configured te right way, though I am not a 100% sure of this. The two servers are configured to use a reverse proxy to communicate with each other, nut sure this has any (positive/negative) impact.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks and Cheers, David

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2012

This is probably not related to applinks at all... It's not resolved, yet most likely a problem of the network configuration...

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2012
1 vote
Kyle Burnett October 1, 2012

Hi David,

Thanks for the info. I did some further playing around since posting the original message and I found that if I add this to both the incoming and outgoing URL patterns in the application link area I am now able to link wiki (confluence) pages from JIRA -

/rest

/rpc/xmlrpc

/plugins/servlet/applinks/whoami

/plugins/servlet/streams

/rpc/soap

/secure/RunPortlet

/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest

I hope this works for you.

Cheers

Kyle

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 4, 2012

Hi Kyle. Thanks for the info. We are still trying to sort this out but it looks like this is most likely an issue with the rather complex network setup. There is a firewall in between the two systems and a Reverse Proxy setup and all indications point to one of those systems as the cause for our problem...

0 votes
Kyle Burnett October 1, 2012

Hi David,

I am having the same issue. Have you found a solution?

I found this but it did not work for me (I have the latest version of both JIRA and Confluence installed and it still does not work) - https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/39560/can-t-link-confluence-page-to-jira-issue-using-application-link-and-oauth

Thanks

Kyle

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 1, 2012

Hi Kyle,

unfortunately not yet. we found one issue (different administrator user names) yet the message keeps coming. We are now going through a bunch of lobfiles as there is a firewall and a reverse proxy in the game and my guess is that one of tjose systems is eating user tokens or something like that. Still, it's kind of a PITA. But thats due to the complex setup in this environment.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2012

JIRA to Confluence link (Outgoing from JIRA) is also setup? It seems JIRA is trying to read Confluence anonymously and Confluence is configured not to allow anonynous access.

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2012

That's my guess as well. But there are actually two links configured. Also that link is "trusted".

Suggest an answer