Application Link error between JIRA & Bamboo (both fronted by HTTPD)

Al Robertson July 27, 2014

I have a production 6.2 JIRA Linux instance hosted in a DC, fronted by HTTPD (reverse proxy).

I have a production 5.5.1 Bamboo Linux instance hosted locally, again fronted by HTTPD (reverse proxy).

Both application have locally managed users.

I can create a bi-directional Appl Link without errors.

On a JIRA issue, it says:

For more deployment information, you need to log in to and approve the following servers:

When I click on this link I get the following error

• Error Code: 500 Internal Server Error. The request was rejected by the HTTP filter. Contact the server administrator. (12217)

Not much help in the application log files.

3 answers

0 votes
Paul Mansfield June 6, 2016

the application link diagnosis plugin seems to have gone away.

is there something newer and better that replaced it?

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2014

Hey Al, have this function worked before? I suspect that this might be related to the proxy configuration (as it mentioned that it was rejected by the HTTP filter). Could you take a look into that, and see if it could be blocking it somehow?

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2014

Hi, we very recently released the Application link diagnose plugin, you may want to install it and execute the tests to help you identify what could be causing this issue.

Cheers

Suggest an answer