Application Link - List of Project Links

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2014

Hi all,

I want to temporary remove an Application Link, but doing that is also removing specific Project Links.. Before doing that I was hoping to see how many Project Links are already configured in the system for example to later recreate them..

Are you aware of any method to get the list of Project Links between two apps connected via Application Link?

I know that we can have that information in JIRA when having a link to FishEye, but I do not see any other way to know how many project links are created for example to Confluence..

Is this available somewhere? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mirek

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2014

You can try using the REST resource for application links - rest/applinks/1.0/applicationlink to get this information, but you'll have to explore all available rest methods as there is no documentation because this is a private rest resource.

The easiest way is to use the REST API browser - plugins/servlet/restbrowser (make sure that you uncheck (Show only public APIs)

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2014

Hi Boris,

Thank you for very good suggestion. I was able to easily use REST to get report of all project links used in the systems. The output satisfied me.

Best Regards,

Mirek

Trung Pham September 10, 2019

Hi Mirek,

Please show your REST API that listed all the Jira projects with application links. I used the " rest/applinks/1.0/applicationlink" , but it only displayed the Jira Application Links but not for Project Application Links. Thanks.

Kind regards,

-Trung 

0 votes
Jason Nguyen May 8, 2014

I'm in a similar scenario the the REST resource seems almost useless to me since it's a private resource so I get that CORS error. It works when I attempt it this wacky way on my local machine, but not on our company's actual running Confluence instances.

0 votes
Nick
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2014

Hi Mirek -

Sorry if you already knew this, however have considered just not re-adding the project links ?

These were once needed for FishEye/Crucible, however in recent versions 2.9 and higher, they have become redundant. There are still some edge cases where users may want to configure Project Links such as when you have > 1 FishEye server linked to your JIRA, and the performance is not adequate.

Otherwise, your best bet is to use the REST resource, or right a plugin which creates the report you need.

Cheers,

Nick

Suggest an answer