Application Link Issue between Crucible/Fisheye and Jira

aram.dermenjian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2013

Whenever I try and create an application link from Jira to Crucible/Fisheye I get the following error:

An error occurred when trying to create the application link in the remote application.
Cannot update the remote applications URL. Please use the link relocation functionality instead.

When I look at the application links in Fisheye I see an application link to JIRA already established. But when I try and associate an application link with a project I get:

Sorry, there are no links available when using anonymous access, check the permission configuration of the remote application.

Even though I'm logged in as a user. Any thoughts?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
richie_gee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2013

Hi Aram,

By any chance, can you try to delete and recreate the application link?

If this does not help, try checking the accessibility by try accessing JIRA from the machine that host Fisheye and vice versa.

Hope this helps :)

aram.dermenjian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2013

Well, both JIRA and Fisheye are on the same machine... so I assume they should be able to access each other by default =P

Your idea of deleting and recreating worked. I deleted from Fisheye and created in JIRA.

0 votes
aram.dermenjian
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 11, 2013

Yes. The error I get (the first error above) is what happens when I hit Step 1.9 of the document you just provided. (Where you are supposed to hit 'create'). When I hit create, I get the error above.

0 votes
Chung Park Chan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2013

How did you set up the application link? Do you refer to this guide?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Integrating+JIRA+with+FishEye

Suggest an answer