Application 'Confluence' seems to be offline

Our company uses Jira and Confluence.

We use applications over HTTPS.

First we had this error:

"Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target"

Once we fixed, the error is: "Application 'Confluence' seems to be offline" , but both systems are working properly and communicate with each other.

Please let me know what options I have in resolving this issue.

2 answers

What does the log say, and where are you seeing this error?

The first error looks like you're hitting the issue regarding the certificate is not properly imported. For more information please refer to this documentation. But it seems that you have fixed that. As for the second error, please try to delete the application link and re-establish them back and see if there are two way communication. Please check from other side as well. If there are two ways error, it means it could be some proxy issue. For testing purpose, please try to bypass the proxy if you have any, and check if it works. Hope it helps!

Rian, the certificate issue seems to be resolved. This is some other error.

Yep, looks like I missed the keyword that they have fixed it. I have edited my answer.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 16, 2018 in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

78 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you