Applicable Issue Types not working even after a reindexing?

Miguel De Dios April 29, 2013

I'm using a custom field (text) that I've configured to use for only three issue types in certain projects, even after modyfing and reindexing JIRA, the custom field still shows it being global (all issues) and it's messing with my field configuration that have this field required but only for those three issue types and not all them because there are more issue types being used in a field configuration.

Any thoughts?

1 answer

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2013

Hi Miguel, have you checked in your Field Configuration if it's indeed selected to the three issuetypes and in the radio button it's not selected the Global Context option?

With those two options it should work fine.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2013

I mean the Radio Button when you indicate if it's Global Context or for a selected issuetypes. When you highlight the issuetypes and then save it still shows Global Context selected?

Miguel De Dios April 30, 2013

It's a text based custom field, not a radio button. It still requires it on other issuetypes based inside the field configuration, even though when I configure the custom field, it has the three issuetypes highlighted, but after modifying it still says Global (all issues)

I don't have that option for the issuetype, but I do have it for the selected projects. We are using JIRA v5.2

Figured it out. The "All Issuetypes" was highlighted at the top and I never cared to look at it carefully. Thanks for your help Ramiro!

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 1, 2013

Nice Miguel! Glad to hear it worked.

Cheers!

Suggest an answer