Append a new label to an existing list of labels of an existing issue via JIRA Importer CSV

rashmi March 10, 2015

hi

Is it possible to append a new label to the existing list of labels of an existing issue via External Import in JIRA.

E.g: I have an Issue ISS-1, with labels as "label1,label2". I want to append "label3" to this list via an import csv. My csv looks like below.

Issue Key, Issue Type, Summary, Label

ISS-1     , Story,  Foo Bar , label3

I notice that after import, ISS-3 only displays label3 as its label. Please let me know how can I append ?

2 answers

0 votes
pborkowski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2015

Unfortunately JIM cannot append labels to existing JIRA issues. All labels are overwritten with the labels from CSV/JSON file.

If you'd like to add a label to an existing JIRA issue without wiping out the old ones you will need to use JIRA REST API or Bulk Edit.

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2015

You need a column for each label

Issue Key, Issue Type, Summary, Label, Label, Label

ISS-1         , Story,        Foo Bar ,  label1, label2, label3

See also: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA062/Importing+Data+from+CSV

Suggest an answer