I could access our JIRA installation a couple minutes ago. Changed the User Directory order, logged out, went to log back in and am now experiencing a "Too many redirects" error on both the default port (not touched by Apache) and port 80 (which is reverse proxied from port 8081).
Check if this is the case? See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Troubleshooting+Apache
Too many redirects
Both Tomcat & Apache are redirecting, when only one should be. Disable redirection in Tomcat (revert any changes as in Running JIRA over SSL or HTTPS) and check that there is only one redirection in Apache.
- Clear the browser cache and try again.
- Ensure that JIRA works as expected when running directly from Tomcat and bypassing Apache. For example, accessing
instead of http://jira.atlassian.com.
- Increase the LogLevel for Apache to debug and restart it.
- Attempt to access JIRA and check the Apache Log Files for any errors.
- Raise a question on Atlassian Answers for assistance.
Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot