Apache Tomcat/6.0.32 : 404 not found. The requested resource () is not available.

Florian BARDET August 2, 2012

Hi,

I installed JIRA Standalone on Windows Server 2003. I linked it to SQL Server 2008 R2 Database and it worked fine. Unfortunatly I restart the Jira server without stopping Jira service and since I have a 404 not found page when I try to connect to it.

I tried to restart the service and it is OK but it is impossible to acces to Jira.

When I check atlassian-jira.log, there is an error:

main ERROR [NoModule] Error getting datasource via DBCP: JdbcDatasourceInfo{uri='jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://SRVSQLSHAP:1433/JIRA', driverClassName='net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver', username='SaV7', password='********', isolationLevel='null', connectionProperties=null, connectionPoolInfo=ConnectionPoolInfo{maxSize=20, minSize=20, initialSize=null, maxIdle=20, maxWait=30000, sleepTime=300000, lifeTime=600000, deadLockMaxWait=600000, deadLockRetryWait=10000, validationQuery=null, minEvictableTimeMillis=null, timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis=null, poolPreparedStatements=null, testOnBorrow=null, testOnReturn=null, testWhileIdle=null, maxOpenPreparedStatements=null, numTestsPerEvictionRun=null, removeAbandonedTimeout=300, validationQueryTimeout=null, defaultCatalog=null}}
org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Network error IOException: Connection timed out: connect)

Could you tell me what is the problem?

Thanks.

BR

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2012

The error is pretty clear - your Jira server cannot connect to your database. You'll need to check the network connections and the parameters you're passing in.

0 votes
Kevin Mote
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2013

If this is occuring after a system reboot, you may be running into the situation that the JIRA service is trying to start up before the database is ready for it. You might consider placing a delay or a dependency on your JIRA service, as described here (and here, for the delay). (I realize this is an old question, but I put this here in case others are having the same problem -- as I did this morning.)

0 votes
Florian BARDET August 2, 2012

Here is the log : (atlassian-jira.log)

Suggest an answer