Anyway to prepopulate a text section in the Edit screen

Chuck Curtis June 18, 2014

I would like to have a multi line text field prepopulate on the Edit screen. For example, this is a field that doesn't apply when creating an issue. It's a field to be filled out only after the issue has been created and it only appears on the Edit and View screens. Not sure if there's a way to possibly hide the field on the entry screen but have it show on both Edit and View?

1 answer

0 votes
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 25, 2014

Hello Chuck,

I'm not sure if you could create a post-function to populate the text field during the create issue screen, but you can surely configure your screen scheme to only display such field in the edit/view issue pages only. To achieve that just hit the Screen Scheme page, click on "Configure" on the scheme you wish to modify, and on the right top, click on "Associate an Issue Operation with a Screen". This will allow you to choose where the field should appear (create, view or edit).

I hope that helps!

Cheers.

Chuck Curtis July 3, 2014

Thanks for the suggestion Benito. However, according to the documentation for the JEditor, it only prepopulates upon issue creation. I didn't know if anyone found a way around this. I actually tried your suggestion (adding the field only on the Edit screen) thinking that would work but it didn't.

Suggest an answer