Anyone else having issues linking stories on product requirements to an epic in JIRA?

Sarah Martin October 17, 2017

I recently completed the JIRA/Confluence Integration training and saw that you can create a Product Requirements page, then create an epic, create a table with story information, and then bulk create the stories in JIRA and automatically link them to the epic.  However, I never see the option to link these stories back to the Epic.  I followed the step-by-step instructions, but I couldn't get it to work.  Is there a step missing, or did this functionality break?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2017

Hello @Sarah Martin!

Could you post the URL for the instructions you followed?  What versions of Jira/Confluence are you running?

I believe that if the Confluence requirements page has an epic link on it, any issues created from a table on the requirements page can or will use that epic.  What I can't discern from your description is whether or not there was an epic link on your requirements page prior to your attempt to create the stories.

cheers!

Suggest an answer