Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Anyone else have trouble adding sub-tasks in Jira Cloud today?

Our users are reporting not being able to add sub-tasks to stories. As an admin, I"m not having a problem. I can't seem to find a bug related to this on the Support site. 

1 answer

0 votes

Hello @Susan Moore

I understand that all users (So far, non-admins) are facing an error when trying to create a sub-task. Is it correct?

Please, provide us the following information so we can better troubleshoot the problem:

- What is the error message returned to the users when trying to create the sub-task? Are there any errors returned in the development tools of their browser when reproducing the error?

- Is the problem happening only for a specific parent issue or is it happening for any issue they try to create a sub-task?

- Can you confirm if the create screen of the sub-task issue type is configured with any required fields? The following bug causes an error if you try to create a sub-task with a required field:

Cannot create subtasks if there is a required field on the new JIRA issue view.

- If a project has a default assignee but the default assignee does not have the assignable user permission, users will be prompted with a generic error when creating a subtask through the new issue view:

Generic error message in the new view when creating a subtask

That being said, can you check if the default assignee under project settings > Details have the "assignable user permission"?

Let us know your results when checking the steps above.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you