Anyone can explain why Search for Issues loads all issues in the instance?

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2015

In JIRA (6.1 for me), Search for Issues (menu Issues) will first load all issues in the instance (most users have browse permission to all projects).

Why is this??

This is like to have a SQL client that loads first all rows in the database before actually specifying the query.

I have seen some feature request about this but they are open...

Anyone knows any workaround?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2015

This was debated earlier in one of the threads and even I am not really in favour of this behaviour - You can see that discussion here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-30855

What I remember was that, the discussion went in these lines -  as long as the performance is not a concern, why shouldn't it be loaded.

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2015

Do you know if Atlassian has some channel to handle this? a sort of customer advocate?

Suggest an answer