Any way to use issue links with Subtasks?

Richard Schaeffer August 13, 2015

Is there any way to work around this restriction?  Specifically, I want to be able to create additional issue links on subtask creation.

I know you can still set links programmatically, but the JIRA GUI seems to know that it shouldn't be there and we can't use the built in linked issues field. (it won't show up). 

Thanks!

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Richard Schaeffer August 26, 2015

This was a permissions problem - make sure to have some users that are allowed to set links!

0 votes
Richard Schaeffer August 26, 2015

My permissions were set incorrectly. Solblrem Prolved! I appreciate you taking a look anyway - not sure how I let this one get by me.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2015

Can you see the link dialog when you you click on "More" -> "Link"?

0 votes
Richard Schaeffer August 24, 2015

Am I missing something? The linked issues field doesn't show up on my subtasks, even though I've added it to the appropriate screens. I've searched around on this problem and the answers seem to imply that you can't link subtasks, since it's "attached" to the parent issue.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2015

Your question doesn't make any sense to me... subtasks can have issue links. Can you explain more?

Suggest an answer