Any way to strip images in signatures when using the Jira Service Desk email handler?

Aaron Kolysko February 18, 2016

Hi All,

We have a crazy-big PNG in our company's standard e-mail signature that's scaled back by e-mail clients, but that is rendered full-size in JIRA issues when they're opened by the Service Desk e-mail handler.

We've asked our marketing team to back off on the image size - and they should do that anyway - but ideally I'd like to strip the image from teh ticket all together when it's processed by the e-mail handler.  Any way to do this with the Service Desk e-mail handler?  I don't see the same options as when using the regular JEMH tools.  Image name is always the same, and it always follows a specific block of text (social links... which I'd also love to strip).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

1 answer

2 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2016

Aaron, did you ever find a way to do this? I have similar issue

Peter Koutromanos July 14, 2017

I have this issue too,

Mark Anderson April 26, 2018

is there a solution?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2018

You might have a look at this thread

Suggest an answer