• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Any way to keep JIRA installer for creating jira users?

I have noticed that the jira installer on linux creates a new 'jira' user each time it is run, resulting in 'jira', 'jira1', 'jira2, etc., being created and used.

Is there any way to tell it to use a specifc user and not have it go and create a new one each time it is run?

1 answer

0 votes
Yilin Atlassian Team May 30, 2013

As mention in the documentation : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Installing+JIRA+on+Linux#InstallingJIRAonLinux-1.DownloadandInstalltheJIRA'LinuxInstaller'

You can also execute the Linux Installer without 'root' user privileges, although your installation options will be much more limited and a dedicated user account (to run JIRA) will not be created.

Unfortunately, that doesn't address my issue.

First, I want and need to run the installer as 'root'.

Second, I want to specify the user to be used for running jira, since our convention is to have 'role-' as a prefix for all service/system/role users.

Finally, the fact each run of the installer creates another 'jira*' user is a bug in my opinion.

You have mentioned this behaviour nearly 7 years ago and it's still the same. Interesting ...

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you