Any way to keep JIRA installer for creating jira users?

I have noticed that the jira installer on linux creates a new 'jira' user each time it is run, resulting in 'jira', 'jira1', 'jira2, etc., being created and used.

Is there any way to tell it to use a specifc user and not have it go and create a new one each time it is run?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.
Yilin Mo Atlassian Team May 30, 2013

As mention in the documentation : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Installing+JIRA+on+Linux#InstallingJIRAonLinux-1.DownloadandInstalltheJIRA'LinuxInstaller'

You can also execute the Linux Installer without 'root' user privileges, although your installation options will be much more limited and a dedicated user account (to run JIRA) will not be created.

Unfortunately, that doesn't address my issue.

First, I want and need to run the installer as 'root'.

Second, I want to specify the user to be used for running jira, since our convention is to have 'role-' as a prefix for all service/system/role users.

Finally, the fact each run of the installer creates another 'jira*' user is a bug in my opinion.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

45 views 2 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you