Any way to disassociated the tempo team timesheet permission from applying to JIRA filters?

MarkW October 3, 2014

If you add the Tempo Team custom field to a JIRA issue, this immediately blocks users from seeing the issue in the filter results unless they have browse access to the team.  

At this level, the filters should be open to whoever the filter is shared with and whoever has browse access to the repository. With adding Tempo Teams to the form, it now adds an additional layer that the user must have browse access to the Tempo Team and its members timesheet.

Note: If I search for the issue individually, I can view the filter results. If I include "Tempo Team = ABC" in my JQL query, the timesheet permissions kick in.

Has anyone ran into this issue? I figured I would ask the community before submitting to Tempo.

4 answers

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2014

Thank you for letting us know. Any added information about this problem is much appreciated when you can reproduce it as I have not been able to do so. 

0 votes
MarkW October 7, 2014

Hello,

So, from your comments I began to open a support ticket. I wanted to retest  and provide good steps and low and behold it doesn't happen happen anymore. 

I'll keep playing around and if it does occur, I'll try to record it and open a support issue.

FYI - This was with JIRA 6.1 and Tempo 7.8.2.

0 votes
Viðar Svansson [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2014

Hi Mark, this should not happen I honestly don't think Tempo could filter the search results. Do you mind submitting it to us so we can have a closer look?

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 5, 2014

Hi Mark,

can you inform us about the version of JIRA,  Tempo you are using as we have not been able to reproduce this. Please note that when you add the Tempo Team field in a filter, the format has to be: team = "This Team"

Kind regards,

Susanne (Tempo)

Suggest an answer