Any way to associate bugs with a particular issue type (like story)?

Doug Varn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2012

If I have a user story being tested during a sprint, is there a way for my QA personnel to write up the bug and associate it to that story?

It seems potentially useful to be able to see all the bugs written up against any particular story (feature).

Can this be done?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2012
Doug Varn
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2012

Thanks, I figured that'd be the answer. Was hoping for a perhaps quicker and easier solution. One idea is to be able to create a bug right from a story which automatically associates the two.

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2012

There is a plugin that does it but it is not available on onDemand.

Doug Varn
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2012

name please? we may switch to hosting in-house. tnx

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2012
1 vote
Doug Varn
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2012

I just realized one way to do this too would be to apply a common label to stories based on a particular feature. I'm still wishing you could so something like see a story (in GreenHopper or elsewhere) and click to "create bug" from that story, which auto-associates the two.

0 votes
Cassie Recio September 18, 2012

If you don't use links for anything else - that would work well.

Suggest an answer