Any way for non-admins to import into multiple projects via CSV?

Eric Longoria July 20, 2017

I need non-admin users to be able to import into multiple different projects via CSV all at once. 

I'm aware that Jira has two different methodoligies for importing via CSV: one available to everyone, and one available only to admins. The method available to everyone does not support importing into multiple projects while the other does.

Is there any plugin, method, or workaround that I can use so that all users have the ability to import into mutiple projects at once via CSV?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2017

Hi Eric,

The importers section is only made available to admins by design.  This was also addressed in the communities post Why Can't I Import Issues to Multiple Projects via CSV?

There is a feature request that you can vote on so we can get this added to JIRA.  Please go to JRASERVER-45565 and vote on the issue and add your use case to the comments.  Once you do that you'll be notified of any changes to the issue and any updates from the developers.

Cheers,

Branden

Eric Longoria July 29, 2017

Thank you, Branden.  I will vote on that issue now.

Suggest an answer