Any sort of private message plugin available for JIRA/Confluence?

Dave Donnelly [Sensata]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2012

I'd had a poke around the Atlassian marketplace and haven't been able to find anything. Just wondering if there is any sort of private message plugin for JIRA. Something that would allow you to message another user but not to appear in an issue.

Email, but within JIRA, sort of thing...

This would be nice in Confluence too perhaps...?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dennis Kromhout van der Meer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2012

I'm not aware of any for either JIRA or Confluence, sorry about that.

However, if you would like to see this featured in future versions of Confluence/JIRA you can open a new feature request ticket on jira.atlassian.com, or I can do it for you.

I recommend voting on this ticket and commenting with details on your use case. Customer feedback is one of the things that helps our developers decide what to work on next. I'd also suggest watching the issue so that you'll receive emails when the developers work on or comment on the issue, or when other users comment regarding workarounds.
For more information on how Atlassian implements new features, bug fixes and improvements: Implementation of New Features Policy.

It's also possible to create this yourself by editing the JIRA/Confluence source code or by creating a plugin. If your company does not have the required time/skill to make this happen, I'm more than happy to find the best expert to help you based on your requirements. Feel free to contact me at dennis@atlassian.com :)

Dave Donnelly [Sensata]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 26, 2012

Suggest an answer