Any relations between JIRA standard steps and JIRA report plugins ?

Christophe Leite August 11, 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to use several plugins in order to make some good reports on shared dashboards, but everytime I tried to display some charts (with specific steps for example), ... an internal error occured. And Unfortunately, I cannot use them.

I have recreated my workflow from scratch, using a maximum of JIRA original steps (like 'Open', 'In Progress', 'Closed', 'Resolved',...). Because I've got the impression that Jira works better using all that steps (and that a lot of hidden system fields would be updated and are required by JIRA plugins), and that we need a maximum of data to use correctly jira report plugins...

My question is : in order to use a maximum of jira report plugins, must I use all JIRA basic steps described above ? or there is no relation between these basic steps and the good performance of JIRA report plugins ?

Thanks a lot,

Christophe

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Randall Robertson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2013
No, the default workflow steps are not required to make those reports work. I have customized workflows that use none of the standard workflow steps and the reports work fine. Have you checked the JIRA log for an error message after running a report that fails? That is available in the Administration section of your JIRA instance.
0 votes

Time in status for example ...

A server internal error occurred at the time of resource's request. This message let me think that JIRA is looking for every of its default steps (open, in progress, resolved, closed,...). Do you think the same thing ? or not ?

0 votes

Time in status for example ...

A server internal error occurred at the time of resource's request. This message let me think that JIRA is looking for every of its default steps (open, in progress, resolved, closed,...). Do you think the same thing ? or not ?

0 votes
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2013

Which JIRA reports plugins do you mean?

Suggest an answer